Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm eating cake right now

For breakfast.

I'm feeling hormonal.Today is supposed to be day 33. I decided on Friday I would stop eating eggs for a bit to see if that sped up my healing process for my spots. I had 2 eggs left. Sure, I could have thrown them out, or made an omelet or something. But omelets don't sound super awesome when you're a hormonal woman. So I made a gluten free cake last night. I actually just finished the small piece I'd cut for myself last night that I so could not finish. I almost couldn't finish it just now. Don't you worry. The rest of the cake will probably go to waste. Oh well. It's mine to waste if I want to.

Now, progress. Aside from being super hormonal right now (which 30 days of anything cannot even hope to correct...maybe after 60 days I'll start to see more of a difference. Don't think though that I'm some sort of hormonal monster, I just really crave sugar and feel like a stupid girl for a couple days. I even get super tempted to watch romantic comedies and such.), I feel pretty awesome. I've come to realize fajitas are not my friend though. That is sad. I don't know if it's the peppers or the onions, but something does not sit well. I'm thinking peppers. Life without onions? Can you even imagine?! No thank you sir.

As of yesterday, I was just over 107. Not going to lie, that kinda freaked me out. I don't want to get too skinny. Remember, weight loss was not a goal, and while I didn't mind the 5-7 pounds, getting under 108 (the least I've weighed since I was 19 and went on BC), was disturbing to me. So I did lots (and by lots I really mean a fairly reasonable amount) of weight bearing exercise yesterday. More muscle=more weight. This morning I'm just over 108, but I know that it's just water/hormone stuff. I guess I'll get to whatever I'm actually supposed to be at and that will be that.

I no longer feel bloated after I eat. My tummy is SUPER flat all day, and you can even see my abs more. Oh and even more exciting? I'll have to remind myself of this if I look at the scale and feel too skinny. My cellulite (my celly as I not so fondly refer to it), is going away.

Can we talk about that crap for a minute? That was a gift to me from birth control. It gave me cellulite, turned me into a raging bitch (mostly that's gone, but lets just say it still sneaks out from time to time), killed my patience, made me gain 20 lbs (which wasn't a bad thing for me at the time since I started at 94 lbs), and messed up my, uhhhhh, well, you know. Lets just say it was extremely effective at preventing me from getting preggers because when my boyfriend was not too terrified to try to touch me, I "wasn't in the mood". Thanks pharmaceutical companies! I really appreciate it. No, I mean it. Really. Ok, not really,. You guys need to fix that shit.

My spots. They are the bane of my existence. But they're healing. Slowly but surely, and faster than usual. These things really do take forever to go away, but they're all so much better than before I started this. I no longer look in the mirror at work and feel like my face looks like it's falling off. Granted, office bathroom mirrors have the worst lighting a woman could ever find herself in, but now my skin even looks good in that light. That is saying something!

I'm trying to figure out what will be for breakfast over the next few weeks. You wouldn't think that's so hard, but my brain is super hardwired to eggs/toast/bacon are what breakfast is made of. Toast is gone forever (even the gluten free kind. I've noticed such a huge difference in the mornings with my tummy that I can't go back to gluten free bread). Eggs gone for (hopefully) just a bit. Bacon will not cut it all on it's own. I have some grapes. My favorite genetic modification. Seedless. I have to go to the grocery store(s) today, so I better figure it out.

I don't think grapes are like pineapples yet in that pineapples have become so dependent on us humans, that they no longer make seeds. So seedless would indeed be some sort of genetic modification.

That doesn't have anything to do with this, just a digression. That's how my brain works.

No comments:

Post a Comment