Friday, May 25, 2012

The Sugar Monster Strikes Again!

So I'm going to be honest with you guys right now. I've been stressed out since I got back from Vegas. I do not know really why, but it's fact. Maybe I'm a bit burnt out or whatever, I don't know. Well, yeah. I am kinda burnt out.

Don't get me wrong, I like my job. I like my boss. I like my company. But running the front desk/sales system/office managing thing? Yeah, not my passion. It's cool if it's yours. Just not mine. So I only like it and do not love it. But I've been here longer than any place else, so that should help you understand that it's really not bad in my book. Just not what I want. And know what? My boss knows that and is cool with it.

So yeah. I'm burned out a bit right now I guess. Sometimes I have to deal with people that are pooheads. Sometimes those pooheads work for us. Lately that's what I've been dealing with. Today in fact I had to deal with a poohead a bunch. Punching people in the face is frowned upon, so I didn't do that. Couldn't have anyway since he doesn't even reside in this state. But I wanted to. Damn you physics! The pooheads are the reason for burn out.

Anyway. That brings me to my sugar monster again. That little shit loves it when I'm stressed. It tells my brain, hey, want to make a super quick dose of serotonin? Eat a York Peppermint patty! (ef! I love those things). "Better yet," it says, "eat two!" Occasionally it also suggests a Dr. Pepper. Love that stuff to death too (literally?).

So here's the de-stress plan, and hopefully the weather will allow me to do this. I am going to sit at my pool  with a book all flippin weekend! I am going to make so much Vitamin D I won't know what to do with it all (I know that's not actually possible, I'm just trying to illustrate just how much sun will be had). I will not burn. I will walk around the park as much as I want. I will go to bed as early as I damn well please, and I will stay in bed as long as my cats will let me. And I'm not talking to ANYONE. NOT ONE PERSON. ALL WEEKEND. NO ONE.

I will not answer the phone, I will not say hi to my neighbors at the pool (though I will indeed smile back if they smile at me, but there will be ZERO conversation!), I will not talk to my parents, I will not talk to my BFF, I will not comment on the facebook. I probably won't talk to my blog either, unless I'm feeling so freakin awesome that I have to tell my blog all about it.

I just realized there will have to be an exception to not talking to anyone. I'm out of eggs. I was so focused on the fact that I was out of bacon (and had been for days...DAYS PEOPLE), that I forgot I only had one egg left. I will have to at least say thank you to the checkout person at Whole Foods. I will not allow this interaction with another human being to ruin my weekend. Because I love eggs and their procurement will not be tainted.

And on a serious note: Please enjoy your weekend and remember that the reason we have it is because our soldiers gave their lives for our freedom.

Thank you. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment