Monday, December 3, 2012

Gum? GUM?!?!

This is for really reals upsetting to me. Not like life changing, earth shattering kind of upset, but this poop is totally l-a-m-e LAME kind of upset.

I chewed gum last night. Know what I wake up to today? An extra 4 lbs of me thanks to inflammation and swollen calves (that's were it likes to go these days), that's what. And that's not all! No. Can't stop there with the must have been glutenated by the gum reaction. Itchy bumps people. I've counted 5 today. And they itch like a mosquito bite. Damn you tiny piece of gum (shaking my fist mentally)!

I guess that means gum is out. Which is fine, as I've not been a big gum person for a very long time (Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most), but it's yet another little thing I have to consciously avoid. And do I need to worry if I -gasp- kiss someone who's been chewing gum? Will I be glutenated? Sigh. First world problems I know.

I took action though. I drank a lot of water today, took an epsom salt bath, and ate "paleo" pancakes. No, there is nothing truly paleo about pancakes, but whatevers. I found a recipe at Paleo Table (and it has since wandered away, but if ye search the site, ye shall find) for these super yum almond flour pancakes. That's not the point though. The point is I tried to get fiber into my little self to bind up the badness. So yeah, now you're thinking, jeez, why not eat some veggies lady? You're totally right. Veggies are a much better source of fiber. Still can't eat very much of them without being sure the bathroom is near by. That really sucks you guys. I told C today that I think it's pretty messed up of my body to be fine with skittles (also most definitely not Paleo), but get piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed off about spinach. Or romaine. Or kale. Or squash. Really anything from the ground it seems. But yeah, why don't I just chow down on some more skittles though. That's totally fine and healthy right? I've found I can also get away with these pancakes, and they've got a bit of fiber to them, so eat them up I do (and occasionally I channel Yoda).

See how I brought that all back around there? That's called skills. Don't be jealous; I'm sure you have your very own awesome skills too.

Next step, early bedtime. That is one upside to the sun going down early, I don't feel the least bit bad about going to bed at like 8:30.

P.S. Please go see "Silver Linings Playbook" You will thank me. No really, thank me after you see it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment