Saturday, March 17, 2012

7 8 9!

Nothing too exciting to report. Today is day nine, but it's still early afternoon. I have a bit of a headache. But I think that's because my brain has finally realized my neck is out. I have this terrible habit of putting off getting my neck fixed because it's such a hassle. Take time off work, pay the copay yada yada. But really, I should just suck it up. I'm still going for my walk today, but I think it's just going to be around the block and not around the park. Trying not to push my luck too much!

So my first week is officially done! Gave my dad the book on Thursday (day 7). He was much more open to it than I thought he would be. He still only promised that he'd read it with an open mind. We'll see if he and my step mother decide to do the 30 day thing or not once they're done reading. My dad has scared the crap out of both of us on more than one occasion with heart attacks. He had his first about 16 years ago. He is young and already has stents and is on statins :( At least he's taking CoQ10, but I'd rather he be off that crap entirely.

I decided to start following the autoimmune protocol a bit closer. No more peppers for a bit. So no more fajitas... the horror! Oh well. Yesterday I was on Robb Wolf's forum just reading through the entries that looked interesting and then I finally noticed there was one dedicated to autoimmune. In there I found a lot of questions about eggs. Seems I'm not the only autoimmunie that doesn't want to give them up unless I absolutely have to. While looking through all those questions, I found someone had put up a link to Dr. Cordain's blog that explained why eggs are awesome unless you have autoimmune issues. Seems it's the egg whites and not the yolks that are an issue. I hate separating eggs, but the yolk is my favorite part anyway so I'm all over it. I did figure out this morning though that the egg whites are "the tie that binds" if you have any interest in making scrambled eggs. Screw you egg whites, I shall persevere and overcome!

My spots seem better today too. They're all a bit less pink and moving to the oh so lovely pinkish yellow phase. The newest one that is serving as my true test is smoother and flatter today than it has been since it appeared, and is pink and not strawberry colored. Not getting too excited about that yet though. Psoriasis has good and bad days. I could wake up tomorrow and it could be back to swollen and red again.

I was able to take my walk most of the week. The weather has been outstanding, and it's not going to last, so I had to take advantage while I could. That's part of why I'm going out today (and hopefully tomorrow). It's supposed to be poop weather all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment