Sunday, March 11, 2012

The rest of day 3

It was so beautiful outside yesterday and I got to enjoy it!

I have to be at work relatively early, so I take advantage of my weekend opportunity to sleep in as much as I can. I really only manage to sleep another hour most of the time, but I like to lay in bed for a while after I wake up. Because I can! It's the little things in life right? It's especially nice when you did not sleep well the night before...I woke up a lot Friday night (and last night too), so not having to get up to go to work was especially nice. The kitties usually decide when it's time for me to get my tush out of bed on the weekends. One of them will start licking my face when she feels it's time for me to start my day.

Had my bacon and egg scramble again. And my tea. Not in that order. That was a mistake. By the time I remembered to eat breakfast, my blood sugar had spiked and crashed from the sugar in my tea. No bueno. I was off for most of the day.

But I got my walk around the park in! I normally do two loops (roughly 1 1/2 miles) and then loop around my block, so my walks usually add up to nearly 2 miles. It's been so long since I've been able to be active that by the time I got my first loop around the park done, my back started telling me it was time to wrap things up. I have a lingering back problem from a fall I took several years ago. In a way it's a gift because it does not allow me to push myself too much-which I am otherwise very inclined to do. There is a little walking path that goes around behind my complex and then wraps around the back and then around to the front of the building, so I did that instead of my walk around the block. Vitamin D production and exercise? Check!

Did more shopping and managed to get everything I forgot earlier this week, plus bananas. By the time I got back home I was feeling funky from the blood sugar crash so a banana it was. All better.

Had steak fajitas last night. I am a good cook! I wished I had guacamole to go with it. Will have to take care of that today because I made a ton of food, and it's just little me eating it, so I have lots of leftovers for the week.

Today is another beautiful day! I am sore from my walk-sad I know. A bit over a mile and I'm sore :/ Oh well. At least I was able to get outside, unlike the previous billion weekends. I'm going to take my neighbor's dog for a walk around the block in a bit. She's getting fat and we could both use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment