Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 3 note

This may be inconsequential. And I have to say right off the bat that this is not my goal, but figured it would be a side effect so to speak. On day 1 morning, my scale read 114.8. This morning my scale read 111.8.

Since I'm a woman, I always have minor weight fluctuations. I'm typically between 112 and 116. The only reason I'm making note of this almost 112 thing is because I'm usually 112.something. I have not seen below that number in several years. Not since I had the 1 2 combo of a super stressful situation and chicken pox (never had them as a child despite my mother's very best efforts. I guess she used to send me to go play with any kids from preschool or in our neighborhood that had chicken pox so that I wouldn't get the complications one may face as an adult...She's always been good about looking out for me!). When that happened I found that I had dropped from my normal 112-115 to all of 108. Stress+chicken pox=no eating for about a week and a half. I lived on Muscle Optimilk for that week and a half.

As I said, weight loss is not my goal. I've been the weight I've been, minus the chicken pox incident and the time I'll talk about below, for about 7 years. I'm comfortable in my own imperfect skin. It took a lot of work to get to that place, but it was made easier because I'm a healthy weight for my frame (petite-ridiculously small boned really. My wrists are a joke!) and height (5'2 1/2"ish), and a good portion of my weight since I lost all that weight in 7th grade has always been from muscle. Add in my relatively good metabolism, and I've easily been able to get away with cupcakes and chocolate here and there.

I think it's water that I've lost. But I think it's water that was there as my body's attempt at protecting me from inflammation. Just like the 5+lbs I lost the first week I went gluten free. That was the only weight I lost going gluten free (and that was fine. I didn't go GF b/c I thought it was some amazing new diet, I did it for my health. Just like this). I had gotten up to 120 and that is too much for my body. I know there are a lot of woman that would kill me for saying 120 was too big, but it was. Mind you, I'd gotten up to 120 and wasn't eating anything unhealthy and I was working out. I could not understand why the scale would not move. I figured it out once I started feeling good again. Inflammation is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment