Sunday, January 27, 2013

Don't Come to Work Sick! -A Rant-

I recently found out, thanks to a guest post on thepaleomom.com that my autoimmune condition is due to the over stimulation of the same part of my immune system that attacks viruses. Maybe this is why I catch bacterial stuff much more easily than viral? I don't know. Side note, she's writing a book! I so can't wait!

What I do know is that I got a cold last week, and boy, was that lame for me. I was fine in a few days. If you don't count my immune system freaking the flip out on me. My hair is falling out-again. Right in front actually. I have a nice little patch of extremely thinned out hair. That part of my scalp was also bleeding. Super fun stuff right? My psoriatic arthritis is going town (mostly on my hip, so walking is awesome right now-sleeping is ultra comfortable too). And my face. My God! MY FACE. I'm sorry this is at such a terrible angle. I promise I don't normally look like a diseased alien. I'm just really not good at self portraits.

My face. Cold giver, you do not get any thanks from me for this.


So I'm going to use this here blog to rant for a moment. Since it's mine, I can do that.

I would not be dealing with the backsliding in all my symptoms and my head BLEEDING if people would just fucking stay the fuck home when they're sick. That's right, I feel so strongly about it that I'm dropping f bombs. This may be due in part to the fact that this is the second time this person has gotten me sick by coming into work. Also, sometimes nothing gets the point across like the F word. Fact.

No one thinks better of you for coming in sick. No one thinks "Gee, this person is a really hard worker, they're here even though they're coughing up their own lungs! We need more people like that around here!" No. People are thinking "Oh please please PLEASE don't let me catch what she has! Why doesn't she just stay home?!"

And you should. You should stay home. It's rude to come in and infect other people. Because then other people end up coughing their lungs up. Or their autoimmune symptoms start raging. Or they take your illness to their homes and get their entire families sick. Some people have compromised immune systems and could end up in the hospital!

All thanks to you showing up sick instead of watching soaps at home on the couch. Or Ellen. You could have been watching Ellen instead of infecting me (and probably others).

No one is going to thank you for that bit of work you got done when you came in. I have a news flash, it would have gotten done at some point anyway. You're not saving the day and you're not the only person who can get things done.

No one wants you around when you're sick. That's fact. Stay home and get better for the love of all that is not oozing and painful! When you come in sick, you're behaving selfishly. Stop it!


No comments:

Post a Comment